War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game for Windows, Linux, Mac and PlayStation®4 dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 800 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
Meticulous research goes into recreating all of the vehicles in War Thunder with particular attention given to the original characteristics and design of every single tank, plane and ship, ensuring a realistic control experience. Each vehicle consists of a set of internal components that can be damaged individually by enemy fire, affecting vehicle performance. You can temporarily neutralize the enemy’s tank or warship, disabling its guns, engines or controls, or completely destroy it by igniting fuel tanks and ammunition storage. Aircraft for example can suffer damaged wings and steering gear which can significantly limit the maneuverability of the aircraft, but as long as the machine is in the air, and the pilot is holding enough control, they can still affect the outcome of the battle.
War Thunder provides different levels of realism that will equally suit beginners and experienced players. A user-friendly interface and a hint system will make your first steps with the game comfortable and exciting, while more experienced pilots and tank crews can test their merits in fighting in simulation mode...
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac and PlayStation®4 users – everyone on the same server.
- Over 800 highly detailed aircraft, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 80 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
For additional questions, please visit FAQ.
War Thunder system requirements can be found here.